Introducing ASE’s new data acquisition and control platform: AeroDACTM.– A common platform to evolve your testing needs for both test cells and wind tunnels from R&D, to Production and MRO.
ASE2000LX’s core processing technology was launched over 20 years ago and has been continuously improved throughout its life. It is currently used by leading engine test facilities worldwide, integrating data acquisition, engine control and facility control into a single, intuitive user experience. ASE50LRT software was designed for high speed wind tunnel testing and was introduced over 13 years ago. It is capable of controlling the tunnel, collecting the data, and processing the data after the test.
This spring ASE is moving its core test cell software (ASE2000LX) and wind tunnel software (ASE50LRT) to our new AeroDACTM platform. AeroDAC PropulsionTM will replace ASE2000LX and AeroDAC AltitudeTM will replace ASE50LRT.
Major enhancements include:
- Modernized user interface – Both the appearance and editing process of display pages have adopted current web interface standards for an intuitive experience that reduces training time.
- Expanded use of distributed I/O and networked subsystems – I/O can be located closer to the transducers to shorten cable lengths for improved accuracy and maintainability while reducing cost per foot.
- Migration to newer instrumentation platforms – As the life cycle for electronics is relatively short compared to the facility and mechanical sub-systems, the new instrumentation platforms have an open architecture and are compatible with aerospace-defense industry standards.
- Improved data storage – New architecture allows data to be scanned at the highest rate possible, time stamped and stored for later analysis.
- DDS communication technology - Data Distribution Service (DDS) communication technology has been spear-headed by major OEM’s and will soon be an industry standard. It allows ‘plug-and-play’ publish-subscribe messaging between modules for configurability, flexibility and scalability.
- Faster data scanning – The system scans data at the rates supported by each measurement device with acquisition rates of 500 Hz; ultimately improving the fidelity of load, temperature and pressure measurements. All high speed acquired data is scanned by the data recorder and used by the ASE Advanced Analysis module for data reduction and test results.
- Timestamped data acquired at the source - A timestamp is acquired at the source to improve accurate performance calculations in the Advanced Analysis module.
For more than 50 years ASE has been world’s number one supplier of ground-based testing solutions and expertise for the aerospace industry. A key component of our success over the decades has been our sales and service organization. To help maximize the productivity of your testing system we field an experienced global consulting team. If you have any questions about ASE’s migration to the AeroDACTM platform feel free to reach out to us at https://aseaero.com/contact/
Aero Systems Engineering, Inc. (ASE), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a leading global provider of mission-critical testing and engineering services to manufacturers of jet engines and industrial gas turbines, maintenance, repair, and overhaul (“MRO”) providers, governments and militaries. ASE serves the aerospace and energy markets in: 1) independent testing services at its aerodynamic laboratory; 2) design and build of aerodynamic ground test facilities and equipment; and 3) design and build of engine test facilities and equipment. ASE provides products and services under the brand names AeroSystems and FluiDyne.